Sunday, February 22, 2015

May 2014

May 3, 2014:
I was floored this morning when Adelyn started fussing a little bit and I looked at my clock to see it was 8:30a.m.! I haven't slept this late in three years since Easton was born! Thank you fathers and sons campout and an extra tired baby for allowing this mom to get some good rest!
 
Next week our family starts a new and crazy adventure. We will be living on less and studying a LOT more. Here's to the start of David's nursing school program and the hope for a step up in life in a little over 16 months! Like the Little Engine that Could..... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...." :)
 
May 8, 2014:
Easton and I would have totally won on America's Funniest Video's this afternoon if someone had captured a video of us trying to feed my mom's chicken's and quail. I tried to collect eggs and change the chicken's water when a chicken escaped and I tried to run out and save it before the dog went after it. I caught it, tried to resume my changing the food when another chicken escaped-I hollered for Easton to capture it (I'm afraid of the chicken's lol). I ran into the house briefly to get more chicken feed and found Adelyn rummaging through a bag of chips that was left out and dumping them on the floor. Don't worry mom-we vaccumed! I'm tired now :)
 
May 16, 2014:
It was 104 degrees today in Mesa, hottest day of the year so far, so we hit the splash pads at Espee Park in Chandler.
 
 
May 19, 2014:
SO excited to have finally booked a vacation home in San Diego. I will be able to enjoy the cool 70-80 degree weather, fireworks and beach with my family this Fourth of July instead of burning in 110 degree scorching hot Arizona weather!
 
May 23, 2014:
I'm not really sure how many more times my heart can handle finding scorpions in the house. I'm grateful my sixth sense is being able to find them, even in the most unlikely circumstances, before they have ever stung anyone in our family. Tonight I found one nestled in the towel that I was about to wrap around Easton as I pulled him out of his bath. So thankful David was home to dispose of the creature....ahhhh!
 
May 24, 2014:
We had such a fun time yesterday at the Val Vista lakes beach pool with some of our friends.  Our friend Marisa Haws invited us and a few friends from the ward!


May 30, 2014:
Easton is on Day 3 of potting training (day/awake) and so far so good. It's just exhausting taking him every 30 minutes but the payoff will be great....less diapers to buy!



 


No comments: