Sunday, February 22, 2015

August -September 2014

July 31st 2014:
Adelyn turns one!  At one year of age, Adelyn only knows one animal sound....when asked "What does the fox say?" she will reply "pow, pow, pow, pow, pow". Will have to post a video later :)



August 5, 2014:
Easton started preschool!



August 10, 2014:
Easton turns 3 (on the 12th)
Enjoyed celebrating Easton's 3rd and Adelyn's first birthday -pirate themed- with my family tonight...complete with an amazing pirate ship cake built by David, treasure map game, fish ( goldfish crackers ) and chips, and pirate rafts. Thanks to my family for making this night special for my little ones :)
 





 Fish and chips
 
August 16, 2014:
So proud of David Bunzell for finishing Block 1 of nursing school last week! Whew! Now 3 more to go and then it's party/vacation time!

August 21, 2014:
Easton and David went to visit grandma and grandpa Bunzell on the ranch in New Mexico.
 
 
August 27, 2014:
I turned 28! I celebrated my birthday with my mom at BJ's brewhouse!  I needed one of their delicious pizookies.
 
September 5, 2014:
My coworkers have been asking why I've been limping all week. On Tuesday night, I stuck my foot between the cushions on my couch to balance myself while feeding Adelyn her bottle. I felt something sharp hit my foot. I screamed out in pain, pulled my foot out and blood was coming out like crazy. We never found what caused the bleeding, despite searching and feeling around. I've been telling my... co-workers that I feel like I can't put pressure on my heel because it feels like a nail is going through my foot. After work today, I sat on my mom's couch and looked at my foot. I discovered a piece of glass sticking out of the place where I was bleeding. My mom performed surgery (while I squeezed my brothers hand...traumatized by what was about to happen) and removed the shard which was about 1/4 long. No wonder my heel has been hurting. I've had a piece of glass in it for a good chunk of the week!
 
September 13, 2014:
One of my best friends growing up, Melissa Galbraith (now Melissa Farrow), got married!






 
September 19, 2014:

Arrrr matey! For the past two weeks in speech therapy, we have been doing speech and language activities with a pirate theme and boy have my students and I been having a blast! Today is national "talk like a pirate" day. My family celebrated by going to the Sea life aquarium where we found treasure, a pirate and mermaid and enjoyed music from a live pirate band!





 

September 26, 2014:
Went to mountain views homecoming game tonight. Felt good to be back after ten years. Easton kept asking "where's the marching band?" That's my boy! ‪#‎onceatoroalwaysatoro‬ David even caught a free Toro shirt!


 
 

No comments: