Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crafti-ness

I have noticed more recently that my friends and acquaintances are using talents that they have either had for a long time or just acquired to make crafty things. Some husbands are using their tools to make furniture for their baby to be's room, or an entertainment center. Other's have been making pillows for their couches or baby crib bumpers, quilts etc. And as much as I don't like sewing because I have to unpick three times longer than I sew, I decided that I wanted to be crafty too. And I wanted to make my mom proud of me for using the sewing lessons that she had me take as a little girl. So....I decided to make two pillow shams and two pillows for my bed, and I must say they turned out rather well. Thanks mom for cutting them out :)

Here are most of the finished products: (Those of you that sew, don't look with a critical eye ;))


On another note, because we have such a small apartment, we are realizing more and more how much we need to develop our talents or do hobbies that we enjoy outside of our home. If any of you know where to find classes to do things like sports, woodwork, cooking, decorating etc. please let me know. I thought I would try the "get out" magazine published by the city of mesa but it seems as though 75% of all offered classes have a big "cancelled" sign over them due to budget cuts :(

4 comments:

April Hardy said...

I try and be more crafty too. Some of my friends refurnish furniture for their kids room, others make decorations for their home. I would scrapbook but it's expensive. So I know what you mean by wanting to be more crafty. I love your pillows!! Good job.

Sessions Family said...

YAY, those look fantastic, love the colors. I knew there was some crafty just achen to get out. :) If you ever feel like releasing the inner crafty again, let me know, I would love to have someone to be crafty with.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
I am becoming craftier today as well!

Unknown said...

the pillows are great! ndI love the fluffy /furry fringe. If you find any gourmet cooking classes let Paul and I know we'd love to do that.