Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


David and I got to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving and family reunion with his family the last three days. While I enjoyed the time we spent together, I am also grateful it is passed, because I have come home every night ready to drop around 8p.m. (horrible huh ;)). Thanksgiving morning we ran the 2 mile turkey trot at Red Mountain Park, me pulling David to go rather than play football at his uncle Kelly's. Neither of us have really run a whole lot since we've been married, but it is a tradition that several members of my family have done every year...it was nice and cloudy outside, fresh rain had fallen...and so...we had to go!


I'm sad to say it took us 25:00minutes to run two miles and I'm sure david would have gotten done quicker but I had two cramps almost the whole time and made him stop every so often for a breather. The rest of the Thanksgiving was spent with his family doing a gigantic obstacle course, paintballing, a family talent show, and lots of yummy lunches. Several of you guys (like Crystal Lily said) went to the reunion so I will leave it at that. I will hopefully get some more pictures from family members that were taken at the reunion and post them. But for now, enjoy some of our Turkey Trot pictures. I am proud of us even though we took so long to get done---we finished! Our goal is to get in shape this next year and take better care of our bodies.
***Update: We have already purchased tickets to the Nutcracker and are going Saturday December 20th, 7:30p.m. at the Mesa Arts Center. Any one who wants to can join us (perhaps we can meet for dinner prior to the performance if you guys want to). Tickets again are between 8$-26$. We got the 14$ tickets. Let us know if you decide to go that night so we can meet up :) Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Kiara hanging out with Uncle David

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Running always looks fun, that is of course, until I do it.

Tay said...

Good job! It would have taken me at least an hour. :) i did promise my aunt that i'd do it next year, so i guess i'll start "training" when the snow stops... that way i get done with a time that i won't be made fun of for the rest of my life. like three hours.

Kristi said...

The turkey trot sounds fun! I was busy baking rolls all morning - no time for much else. But Thanksgiving was great!