Monday, September 19, 2011

The final product

Almost two years ago, I decided to start a project. My sister in law Fawn had made me a stocking for Christmas a few years ago and I absolutely fell in love with all the hand stitching, sequins, candies, ballerina, christmas tree all made of felt. I thought "this is easy and something that I can do" and instantly I thought of my mom. I knew my mom would treasure such a gift and so I decided that I was going to make a stocking for my mom. I purchased the perfect stocking as mentioned here. My mom is ALWAYS busy making hundreds of cookies around Christmas time for many of her loyal customers so the stocking reminded me of her.

Little did I realized just how much WORK it would take, with almost 100 little felt pieces to cut out, sequin and stitch. There were probably 4-5 stitches you had to do and I had NO clue how to do any of them. Thanks to Fawn and my mom (yes, I enlisted my mom's help on her own stocking), I went to town on the stocking this summer while I was on break from school/work and finished it this last week! While the stitches are perfect, they were done with love :) I told my mom not to look too closely at the stitches. When I gave it to her this past weekend, she was SO excited and wanted to show the other family members and her friends. My sister even wants one and so does my dad-although I told them it may take another two years :) Here are some pictures of the final product.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That makes me want to make one! Although I know that I'm no good at finishing projects without a push from my sister in law who moved away, so maybe I'll wait a few years to give it a try :)

It looks like a lot of work so I am very impressed!

The Smiths said...

I really like this! Great job! Any other crafty things planned you plan on doing until you go back to work?

Kristi said...

You did a great job! It looks beautiful and festive. I've been working Sydney's stocking for 2 years now, and I'm still not done. Hopefully by this Christmas....