Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its the end of January...

And I apologize for neglecting my blog. Since school has started, I am rarely home and when I am home, all i want to do if veg-out and watch t.v. This semester is pretty much the last full semester before I graduate and it is the climax of everything. I am taking a class Monday-Wednesday-Friday for three hours each night, working in the schools 35 hours a week, working at Save the Family TUesday nights, babysitting every Friday night, and cleaning/doing laundry every Saturday..meanwhile my apartment continues to fall apart and we're still trying to find a house. We are putting another offer in on a house tonight and hope things work out because we're tired of searching along with everything else that has to be done. Wish us luck!


On a fun note, my wonderful sister in law is so talented and last years christmas she made me a stocking. She has made stockings for everyone in her family as well as her parents and I thought what a great idea! So i ordered one that I wanted to make for my mom (figured i'd start with her as she's had the junkiest stocking the longest and i knew just what stocking i wanted to make)...this one:

You see, my mom makes a few HUNDRED dozen of cookies every Christmas time and sells them to her customers. So when I think of Christmas and her, I think of the 4a.m.-1:ooa.m(the next day) hours that she does for about three weeks in December. When i opened the stocking kit i was pretty shocked at how much there was to do. I should have known that I have never even completed a cross-stitch kit, let alone a stocking kit. Sure hope I get help on this (hint hint Fawn :))

3 comments:

Sessions Family said...

What a cute stocking! I remember when we would come home from school and your mom would allow me to have a cookie or two lol... so good! I haven't had one since high school. You are the busiest person I know, hope you can make Hailey's birthday. I'm going to try and get invitations out in the next couple of weeks or so. :)

Kristi said...

Very cute stocking. You are smart to start in January. I'm still working on Sydney's stocking.

Unknown said...

well you still just have to come over here and I will be very happy to guide you!