Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He's a chunker!

Mr. Easton is 6 and a half weeks old today and boy has this kid grown! At birth he weighed 8lbs. 9oz. and now he is hovering around 12lbs! It's been fun to watch him fill out. Over the past week he has started trying to coo and use his voice and it is adorable! He has also tried smiling a bit more but these times are random. He has not learned to smile when others make funny faces or use exciting tones of voice-but i'm confident he'll get to that point soon!
Because it has been 6 going on 7 weeks, I find that I am slowly returning to myself (when I have enough sleep of course). I still do not like having to get home around 8 every night from wherever I am at, just so that I can get enough sleep throughout the night. I find that every hour I am out later is every hour of sleep that I won't get. Hopefully this changes and that Easton starts sleeping longer stretches throughout the night. I have been trying to implement the BabyWise methods almost religiously in hopes that the baby will sleep longer.

In other news, David started a Certified Nursing Assistant program last week in the hopes that he will get a job as a CNA (crappy job, we know) and that that will be the final thing that he help him get into PA school. He has a great GPA, letters of recommendation, etc. but lacks the medical field patient contact hours. It has been a very rough schedule for both him and us. He goes to work from 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m. then has class from 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m. So we really only see him for a few minutes in the morning. We are so grateful for his hard work and dedication. I am grateful that the program only lasts 5 weeks, so he really only has 2.5 more treacherous long days and then one week of clinicals during the day (he will have to take the week off of work). David asks almost every day if anything "good" has come in the mail-referring to any letters from the PA schools he applied to. He has worked SO hard to get in, that i'm just praying he will be accepted soon!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is one adorable baby! Being a CNA isn't too terrible... now that David is a daddy he has experience with changing poopy diapers! That will come in handy as a CNA! Ha ha... I worked as a CNA for a few years before I started nursing school! It will be worth it for him to get into PA school! Good luck!

Kristi said...

Easton is so cute and so big already! He looks so snuggly. Not getting enough sleep can be tough. I tried some Babywise stuff with Kayla and Jessica, but I have to say I'm not really a fan of the strict approach anymore. I just want to suggest something more baby-friendly like "The Baby Sleep Book" by Dr. Sears. But feel free to ignore me since, as a mom, you know what's best for your baby more than anyone else. Best of luck to David!!