Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Camping

Two weekends ago, my family had the chance to go up to an area around Christopher Creek AZ to go enjoy some fresh air and camping. Yes, this was an unusual suggestion of mine as I typically despise camping (I don't like waking up to no showers and sleeping on lumpy beds, even with air mattresses). The boys got to do some fishing and David was the only one that caught one fish the entire camping trip. The rest of us enjoyed hiking and catching crawdads which David, my brother, and sister-in-law happily ate (yuck). Here are some pictures from the fun weekend:







This last Saturday David and I got to play active roles in a family/friend haunted house that was well attended. David made me dress up as a nurse with bloody (cornsyrup) bandages, facemask...the whole speal...while he was a vampire working the guillotine. I hid behind part of the passageway, jumped out when people least suspected it and screamed at them.....it was pretty fun and I got a lot of scares.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Man that looks fun! I wish Nate and I could go camping, but it's starting to snow at night so I don't image it would be enjoyable.

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had fun even though you don't like camping. You do have a very outdoorsy husband. My kids were at that Halloween party and Kayla said the haunted house was very scary, so good job!