Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day




I had been planning what I what do this year for David on Valentines Day for at least a month. Every year David has done something really sweet and special for me and I well....I haven't done anything, i'm lame I know. Two years ago on V-Day, unknowlingly David suprised me with a proposal to marry him and of course I said yes. This night before he gave me a gift card to get a manicure and I was sad because I thought I had figured out that he would propose to me due to some hints from his family---so I guessed I was wrong. He took me on a picnic to the temple on the 14th, read me to amazing poems and knelt on one knee.


Last year, I came home from work and there was a trail of little paper hearts from our front door to our bed. Our bed was showered in little hearts and three presents.

This year was a bit harder to carry out because I can't see very well-still have no contacts in. I managed to get my mom to take me shopping and I created a candy boquet with a valentines day card I scrapbooked and had my sister stacey drive it down to Wells Fargo and personally deliver to David (He was so suprised that I did that, knowing that I couldn't see or drive). I then made cupcakes and decorated the table with candles, confetti, the cupcakes and put white lights on the ceiling. When David got home, we went to Wildflower Bread Company to have soup bowls and sandwhiches in a nice quiet environment, and NO long lines! We came home, pulled out our hide-a-bed couch and watched EMBER, a fairly weird but good movie about underground town and two kids who are trying to save the town as its electricity source and food are running out.


I just want to tell David thank you for three years of wonderful Valentines Days! The first picture below is of our engagement on our first Valentines Day. The next several pictures are of this years V-Day and my decorated room that I came home to after Wildflower-David's secret helper came in and decorated and suprised me while we were out eating!
THEN:



NOW:

5 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

That is SO cute, what a great idea ! I hope your eyes are getting better. I bet being blind isn't too much fun. But that picture of you two when you first got engaged is so cute - you both look so young !

April Hardy said...

That is awesome and so cute. I wish we got into these small holidays more. Maybe next year I will have to take more initiative. :)

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Valentine's day is a fun holiday. Not to complicated, just love! I hope your eyes are better!

Unknown said...

3 YEARS! I love you two, you are so awesome

Kristi said...

You both are so sweet to each other and so cute together! And you still look young.