Friday, February 13, 2009

Have pity on me.

Wednesday afternoon I noticed my right eye started getting really mucusy and so I would try to clear it and well, stuff kept coming out of my tear duct area, an abnormal color. It was really strange and the thought entered my mind, oh no maybe i'm getting an infection. My eye kept draining all day and finally during the middle of Wednesday night, I woke up around1 a.m. and noticed my eyes were both sealed oompletely shut. I went to the bathroom to rinse it off, and concluded that I had to have pink eye because I had never had my eyes do this since I can remember. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night because I knew that if I indeed had pink eye, I would be blind for a few days seeing how I depend on my contacts and have no glasses to back me up.

I was able to get into the Doctors THursday at 8:45 and he said that yes, i was infected with pink eye. THe story gets better. The medical assistant who did my weight and blood pressure tested my pressure three times, and all of them came out 160/? apparently a really really high pressure. So the doctor sent me in for blood testing this morning and I have to get my blood pressure checked once a week for the next four weeks and call their office to report to them the numbers. I have never had high blood pressure before and I am praying that nothing serious comes out of this, that I don't need to be put on any medications.

As for my eyes, my right eye which got infected first and was the worst is doing much better today than my left eye which has gotten worse(even with medication). Hopefully its one of those things where it has to get worse before it gets better. I have been blind since yesterday afternoon and am not sure when I will get to see clearly again. I"m praying by at least sunday morning so I can see at church. Lesson learned: get glasses no matter how expensive they are. So that is why my post is entitled have pity on me. I am stuck at home for a few days, blind...except for when my sweet husband is not working and can take me out, or when my mom is able to take me to her house to do laundry. Ugh! Thats what I get for working with20 kids every day in the schools. :) Keep me in your prayers, that I heal quickly so I can see again!

8 comments:

Tay said...

much, much pity i am having for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have much pity also. Pink eye isn't just awful, it is also gross. I am sooooo sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

That's terrible, Lynette! I'm sorry. How bored are you at home??

Hey, but it was good to see you at Suz' baby shower. Although we didn't get to talk or anything!

Garth & Ashley Pedersen said...

Oh that is no fun! As for the high blood pressure, I have gotten that a few times, and one of the things I've done is cut out salt as much as I can. A lot of foods already have salt on them or in them, so not adding it isn't so bad when cooking, but it definately helped me. Another thing is stress can definately add to high blood pressure. let me know if you need anything!

April Hardy said...

you have a lot of pity from me. I am so sorry...good thing you have a great hubby to take care of you.

Unknown said...

Awe poor Nettie! Hope you are getting spoiled when dav is home
:( feel better soon

Natalia Gray said...

being sick is no fun! I can kindof understand your feelings.

Kristi said...

That's no fun to have pink eye - or should I say eyes! Hopefully David doesn't get it since it's pretty contagious.