Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Who would have thought!!?

My brother called me up last Thursday to see if we wanted to go to a Phoenix Mercury game (his thank you gift for feeding his dog while they went out of town several times). I had never been to a game before nor had I ever heard of anyone else going to a Mercury game so I kind of dragged my feet, said thanks, and we went. I was so amazed at how active and lively the crowd was. The Mercury had their own hip-hop team which came out several times during the game to perform-how fun that was!!! ( I told David I wanted to dance like that!).



As you can see, we had a man behind us with a rather large belly---but him and his friend were both very knowledgeable about the Mercury so we got to listen to some stats about the team while we were there.


The Mercury played the New York Liberty and were behind them point wise nearly 10 points the entire game
Towards the end of the fourth quarter, the score closed in to 8 pts. difference and then 6 pts, but unfortunately we lost. Needless to say, we had a really fun time and even enjoyed a yummy mint brownie cold stone treat while we were there AND won free state farm water bottles because our section yelled "FARM" louder than the section that yelled "STATE" :) We were both excited to win something!

5 comments:

Erich and Katie said...

We sure are!! We are planning on moving home to AZ when I graduate in Dec. What about you guys. How is the heat treating you? And you graduated right? and going into your masters progam soon then? still working for guthrie?

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. How fun! Now I can know what David and his lovely wife are up to. The Mercury game sounds fun. I never did get into sports until my husband dragged me kicking and screaming.....now I love lots of sporting events. We should get a bunch of "Judy's" and related type folks to go to a baseball game sometime! Also, Happy Anniversary (a bit belated).

Kami Milliron said...

Yipee, I am SO excited you found my Blog ! Now we can chat at Church AND on our Blogs : )

I love your Wedding Pictures, you looked gorgeous !

Unknown said...

I LOVE watching sports, just don't make me play I really am not good. Glad to see you out having fun :)

Tay said...

how fun! I can't wait until i'm ready to let somebody babysit my kiddo - it's so nice to go out with the hubby! Good luck with the master's program...