Monday, July 14, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth

On Friday, I did my usual babysitting after work. MY supervisor who I babysit for has had me watching her little girl for the last 3+ years and it has been so much fun to see her daughter grow up. Anyways, her and her husband informed me that they were going to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3D and that they wouldn't get home until 10:45. When they got home, they said the movie had been really good and that the special affects were really worth seeing. When I got home, I told David what they said about the movie and he thought it was a cool idea to see a 3D movie so he suggested we go see it over the next week.

Saturday came and he texted me at work saying he really wanted to go see the movie-TONIGHT! So we went to Rubio's for dinner (since I was tired of being rushed to fix meals all way-you mom's know what i'm talking about!) and then arrived an hour early at the movie theater. It was a good thing because a line had already started forming...so we waited...and waited...and waited.


The movie started and said to put on our 3D glasses-some of the scenes made my eyes go kind of crazy because of the way the 3D was done so close up. Anyways, sitting behind us again (see last post) were two men with big bellies. We took a picture with David's cell phone but can't figure out how to download it. One of the men looked like our mechanic "Robert" who has a scruffy long beard, a big belly, and looks like a biker dude. In the middle of the movie, a scene plays where the three main characters are on a ship in an ocean in the center of the earth and these aweful looking fish with razor-sharp long teeth jump onto the boat and they are HUGE! Couldn't find a picture on google, sorry.


Somehow the teenage boy Sean gets seperated and lands on an island...and before we know if the camera jumps to showing one of the evil looking fish and it scared the whole audience, but as soon as the fish popped up, the biker guy said "Ah!! D*mn it!" and the whole audience including David and I died laughing. You could hear his voice above everyone else and he sounded terrified; it shocked the biker guy so bad that he said the "D" word. (One of those hilarious had to been there moments). He sounded more scared than the little kids.


Anyways, I recommend the movie in 3D to all :)

2 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds like a really good movie. We went and saw a really scary movie a long time ago and I remember the whole audience laughed when I totally jumped out of my seat at one of the scenes ! It was a scary scene, but apparently I was a bit more scared than anyone else. It's funny now, but at the time I was so embarrassed !

Unknown said...

That's awesome...too bad its not a quotable like "OH my STARS" (ask david)
Would it be okay for my kids to see?