Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good News!!!

No, I am not pregnant ;) I wish I would have had my camera tonight, but sadly I forgot it in the rush to get out the door. Tonight was my littlest sisters city championship meet. She has been swimming competitively since she was about 6 years old and now swims during the summer on the Poston Swim Team as well as in the fall for the Mountain View Team. She has been working really hard for so many years and lately (i just found out) has been reading many books on how to perfect her strokes based off of the way Olympians swim.


She has had numerous swim meets this year and was able to win a high enough place in each won to make it to the championship tonight. Anyways, Heather won third place in the IM stroke out of all the city (8 laps of butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle), fourth place in freestyle, and 1 PLACE BREASTROKE!!!! First place in her age group out of the entire city!! Go Heather!

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, that is impressive. Congrats to your Sister !

Jill Bienz said...

Wow that is really cool! I didn't even know she swam. That's awesome, good for her!

Unknown said...

how fun! Of course I am exhausted just reading what she did! how nice to see all her hard work pay off!

chlorinemonster said...

very exciting! tell her congrats for me! (even though that was like 2 weeks ago...)