Sunday, January 19, 2014

August-September 2013

On August 8th (just a few days after bringing Adelyn home from the hospital), Easton came down with a raging 104 degree temperature that we could not get to go down.  We took him to the hospital and the doctor said just to rotate Tylenol and motrin.  A day or two later and he was good as new.


We got to celebrate Easton turning 2 this year and we held a "Bob the Builder" party.  We made sack lunches, had "dirt cake" and opened presents.



We also celebrated my 27th birthday.  The day passed without much going on, but later Rhys and Ta watched our kids so we could go out to a movie.  David was so sweet and planted me flowers in our new garden (totally surprised me) and he gave me a Kohls gift card so I could by new clothes.  I really have the best husband.

 

Months later, the sweet nurses at Banner threw David a baby shower.



On September 5th, my brother Chris and his wife Jessica welcomed a new little girl into their family:  Annika Aven Johnson.  She had SO much dark hair!  Here is Adelyn with her new cousin just about 5 weeks apart.


We bought Jessica and Chris a fruit tart and brownies from "Kneaders" as we knew that's what Jessica liked.  These two girls were so precious!  Please forgive my "I'm beyond tired" look.  Adelyn was still in the newborn stage and I was up every 2-3 hours during the night. 

David also started his Genetics and Biochemistry classes at ASU in hopes of upping his PA school application.  He landed the semester with B's....pretty dang good for working full time, going to school two full days a week, and having a 2 year old and newborn.  He is my miracle worker for sure.

I was at home managing both kids and keeping in touch with my fill-in-sub at work, Kerrie Max.

No comments: