Sunday, January 19, 2014

October 2013

I returned back to work at Islands from my maternity leave the week before Fall Break.   I took the week off from kids to catch up on paperwork and everything that I had missed since the start of the school year.  I was also extremely sleep deprived as I didn't sleep for more than an hour the night that I was to go back to work-I was so stressed about all the work laying in store for me.

For Halloween this year, we went to a few ward parties.  We dressed Easton up as Batman and Adelyn as bat girl.  David had Halloween night off so we ended up taking both kids trick or treating.  It was a fun night together as a family....Easton was definitely more motivated this year to go from door to door so he could get some candy.

We went to the City of Mesa Fall Festivel and David dressed up as Joker and Easton as a mini Joker (since Easton has been obsessed with Batman).  We  ended up putting our name in a raffle and won a 25$ gift certificate for Jimmy Johns subs!

Our Family tried going to Vertuccio farms on Power/Elliott.  We rode down a gigantic pipe slide, rode on a train and had some water pump duck races.  Eventually, Easton got so out of control and was tantruming that we had to leave early. 

We went up to Flagstaff over Fall Break to enjoy the cool mountain air and see the sites in Flagstaff.  We weren't going to go as it was really cold and not sure if David could get time off of work, but within an hour of deciding, the kids were loaded in our tiny car and off we went.  We rented a hotel room.  In the morning, we toured the Flagstaff Arboreteum and then met up with my family to do some cave exploring.  I had to carry Adelyn in this very enclosed cave and learned quickly that I have an immense fear of caves.  The claustrophobia was horrible and I felt like if the cave fell in, that would be the end of us!  I guess I didn't get the "explorer" genes that most of the other members of my family have.

We took Easton to the fish hatchery too!
We also sold our little silver corolla this month and bought a 2008 Toyota Sienna minivan.  It leaves me pondering how we ever managed to haul around 2 kids in that tiny corolla.  We had just gotten home from takeout dinner around 7 and David randomely decided to look on Craigslist for a minivan.  He found one for a great price (we had been looking for something in our price range for months but hadn't had any luck).  We had wanted to hold off on buying anything for a few months just allow some time to save.  David met the van's owner at 8 that night (yes just an hour later) and we purchased the van the next day.

David was playing around with his BB Gun in the backyard and shot a lizard.  When we turned him over, this is what he looked like.
 Shopping in the Halloween section!
Looking so cute and ready to morph into Joker!



No comments: