Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 4th Week in a Nutshell

I started my fourth of July weekend by going to IHOP on Saturday the 2nd with two of my wonderful friends. Sharianna (in the black shirt) is 37 weeks along and is having a little girl, I am approaching 36 weeks, and my friend Krystal just had her little bundle 5 weeks ago. It was great catching up with these girls!


We continued by going to festivities in Downtown Mesa later that evening. Not sure why our city decided they wanted to do fireworks/festivities on the 2nd as opposed to the 4th, but I was glad they did so that we could do things with our family on the 4th. We watched the Heritage School Show-choir (a charter school in the area) sing/dance/performe a skit on the various styles of music that are incorporated into the American culture. David and I were a little hesitant to stay when the performance first started, but we left at the end of the performance very impressed by the skills of these elementary through high school aged students. Afterwards, we joined thousands of others (including my family members) and watched an amazing display of fireworks. The humidity and 110 degree weather at 9:30p.m. at night was made bearable by the industrial sized misting fans which we were able to find a spot right next to. My dad was also able to find a chair, somehow, for me to sit on.

On Monday the 4th, we got up bright and early (6:00a.m.) to head to David's Aunt Julie's house for a yummy pancake breakfast, flag ceremony, and baseball. I stayed outside in the extreme hot and humid heat for as long as I could. However, after about an hour, my vision started getting a little crazy, and I knew if I didn't get inside where it was cooler that I was going to pass out. It was really weird. So I stayed inside while David and his cousins/aunts/uncles played baseball. (Above) David's aunt chatting and Grandma Judy. (Below) David's Aunt Julie sprayed the players to keep them cool, however, it was so humid that shortly after getting sprayed (so I was told), the water felt like extra sweat.

Afterwards, we went next door to my mother in laws house where we spent the next several hours hanging out with family, BBQ'ing, and learning how to play poker. After many rounds of the game, I started realizing how addicting poker could become. You see, I was winning many rounds and I just wanted to keep playing to win more :) Thank goodness it was just with poker chips and no real gains/losses occurred.

In the evening, we had another BBQ with my family at my brother's home, went swimming, and played with fireworks. By the end of the night, I was exhausted!

On Tuesday the 5th, I went in for my weekly ultrasound/NST appointment. Baby Easton is doing very well. I think when I go in today for my next ultrasound, he will be somewhere between 5-6 pounds. Here is one of the latest pictures of the little guy: (sorry for the sideways picture)Last thing...I promise! Friday was Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A. So I was able to convince my little sister and brother to dress up as cows with me. What did we get in return? 3 free meals, valued at approximately 7$ each! All of us were very hesitant, walking to the Chik-Fil-A entrance, as all the other customers coming in the fast food restaurant were wearing regular clothes. Luckily, as we entered, there were tons of other "cows" dressed just like us.

No comments: