Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby

On July 9th, my wonderful sister in law Natalia threw me a very adorable, jungle themed baby shower. Lots of friends and family members attended and generously spoiled me and baby Easton with gifts galore. Natalia wrote on the baby shower invitations that if you brought in a package of diapers, you would be entered into a raffle drawing to win a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory. The lucky winner-my sister in law Jessica! Needless to say, I received a heaping stack of diapers on top of other baby necessities including bottles, gift cards, clothes, blankets, crib sheets, chocolate, and a mobile high chair. I want to thank all those who attended and those that were with us in spirit. David's very talented cousin Kristi took pictures of my shower. Thank you Kristi!! Below are some of the images that captured this wonderful event.


We even made the food jungle themed: Food included "tiger tails" (Cheetohs), "monkey's choice" (banana nut muffins), "giraffe leaves" (Greek Salad), Zebra Cakes, "Alligator Tails" (Croissant Rolls), Banana Runts, "Animal Munchies" (Animal Crackers with Strawberry Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Dips).
Opening the gift from my mom


Enjoying food with family

Sister in Law Sara and Cousin Kristi Ison (photographer)

Me and my mom with baby MaKenna
Friends Juliet and Melissa


My mom and ward friends Kristen Garner and Becca Olave

Sister In Law Jessica with her new baby (and my adorable niece) MaKenna. MaKenna was born just a month prior to the shower.

Playing the game where you have to guess how big around my belly is.

Measuring the guesses to see who wins a prize

Me with Paige, the 9 year old munchkin who I've been babysitting for the last 7 years!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So glad you got lots of great stuff you'll need for baby Easton! It was fun to be at your shower & take pictures.