Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

This year, being the first year we actually have a child on the way, I wanted to do something for David. After all, in 7.5 weeks (hopefully sooner) he will be come a dad for the first time. I had browsed many crafty blogs and modified the idea I liked the best. Here is the final product:
I bought a case of IBC rootbeer, a sweet treat that my husband loves. I covered the box in scrapbook paper and spent what seemed like an hour creating the circular message that says "We are so glad you are the 'pop' of our family.....Love Easton and Mommy". Keep in mind I am by no means computer savvy, especially when it comes to designing things like this. I then decided to make six ties, one to go on each bottle. All were signed "Love, Easton". They read something like this:

1. When I grow up, I want to be a mighty hunter, just like my dad.
2. When I grow up, I want to serve a mission for the LDS church, just like my dad did.
3. When I grow up, I want to treat the women I date and my wife like a queen, just like my dad did and does.
4. When I grow up, I want to go to college and be as smart as my dad.
5. When I grow up, I want to be as charitable and look for ways to serve others as much as my dad does.
6. When I grow up, I want to be as good lookin' and handsome as my daddy is

While David was getting ready for the day, I quietly hurried to my hiding spot, took out the package and left it on the counter. I then came back and started doing my makeup and asked David to make some Eggs Benedict (he is the breakfast maker in our home and it was my ploy to get him to the kitchen). He went out there and I could hear the bottles "clink". A few minutes later, he came to me and gave me a big hug (his face was a little red). He said "Thank you, Love!" and gave me a gentle hug. He then said "you are making me blush". What I think he meant to say is "You're making me emotional and i'm on the verge of tears". Apparently my gift was very meaningful to him-just what I wanted it to be. Happy first Father's Day my love!

In other news, I am approaching week 33 of my pregnancy. Hooray! I am excited to have little Easton here, but now the stress of trying to find someone to watch my dear little one once I have to go back to work is approaching. If anyone knows of any good home based sitters in the Gilbert/Mesa area, please let me know! This picture was taken at week 31.5...sorry it isn't a side shot (but trust me, my belly really is huge if you can't tell).

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is the nicest, most special idea for a dad-to-be! But you might want to warn David that pretty soon he'll be a distant second to your #1 love: baby Easton. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but your lives will revolve around your baby! I'm so excited for you!