Sunday, April 3, 2011

What's in a name....

Choosing a name for baby #1 was fairly simple. I had thrown several names that I liked out to David, but there were none that he had really liked as well. And then I started reading friends blogs and got more ideas for boy names (boy names were much harder for us to choose than girl names). I am a huge country music fan and one day I was listening to one of my more favorite country songs on youtube. I had no idea who actually sang the song. I saw the name of the singer and thought-I love that name! I have been reluctant to share the name David and I chose for our little guy because I strongly dislike when others tell you they don't like the name or try to persuade you to choose something different. But I have decided that no matter what others say, this name is here for good. So.....who is this hot country singer I am alluding to?



Why...Easton Corbin that is!

So what are we naming our baby boy?


Easton David Bunzell


And what's with the middle name? My dad's name is David (David Johnson), my brother's middle name is David (Christopher David), my husband's name is David (David Bunzell), and my husband's dad's middle name is David (Barry David). So there ya have it folks!

9 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Cute name I love it! Good choice!

Mike and Katie said...

I love the name!!! I think it is great. I love having a name before the baby is born and being able to refer to the baby by their name. That way when they are finally here, it is like you know them already :) Congrats again, hope you are doing well!

Meg said...

I like the name Easton! I have a cousin who named her boy that a few years ago and I think it's neat! Congrats- I'm excited for you guys!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Love this name! My friend Carrie named her little boy Easton as well. I can't wait to meet the little man.

April Hardy said...

I love it! And there will always be people who won't like the name, and that's ok. It's not their baby. Easton- I have a nephew with that name (on Drews side) and then we have Weston. I really really love it! It's not a common name, but not so uncommon that people will be surprised by it. Good job!

*Becky* said...

I love that name too and I thought the same thing when I heard about him. (not for my own personal use) but the liking part. good job!

Kristi said...

I agree that boys names are harder to pick. Easton is a great name! (not that I would tell you if I hated it, but I don't hate it) So then is he the opposite of Weston? ... kidding (-;

Chelsea said...

I love the name that you decided on! I think it's perfect!

I'll be happy to borrow liitle Easton any time you want! Can you tell I have baby fever?

HBunz said...

You left out that My grandpa's first name is David, on dad's side. I do like the name Easton thank you love for coming up with the idea.