Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

This year, David and I decided that we wanted to gear our Easter thoughts more towards the Savior and less towards the candy, chocolate and materialistic version of Easter (although we definitely included some traditional Easter festivities). After all, we celebrate Easter to remember that Christ died and was resurrected. We started the week off by attending the Easter Pageant on the Arizona LDS temple grounds. David and I walked away with a better sense and conviction that Jesus is the Christ and that He does live! I think this Easter was more meaningful for us because there are those in our family who no longer believe that Jesus exists. The pageant was a very powerful testament that He lives and loves us. Too many prayers have been answered and too many spiritual experiences have happened in my life to believe contrary.











The Easter Bunny dropped off some things in Easton's crib, because he found some good deals at Target that he just couldn't pass by :) Next year, we will be a little bit more fanciful and start better Easter basket/egg hunt traditions after little Easton arrives.
Later in the evening, we went to my in-laws house for the traditional egg hunt and yummy Easter feast. My sister-in-law Fawn came up with the great idea to get the adults included in the egg hunt this year. She wrote names on 2 miniature sized eggs for the adults (not sure the miniature size was the best idea-but it was still a good challenge) and hid them in the super tall weeds/grass and hale bales in my inlaws huge yard. There were also a few HUNDRED regular sized eggs and even some gigantic eggs filled with jelly beans hidden. We spent over an hour it seems looking for the eggs and even then, my poor niece and nephew never found their second miniature egg. I absolutely loved Easter this year and am so grateful for the fun yet peaceful time I got to share with my family.




Rosalee found some gigantic eggs (I told you they were huge!)


Natalia found her miniature egg (actually I found it for her and pointed her in the right direction)
Nephew Dylan showing off his egg
Father and son
Hailey and Dylan checking out the goods (jelly beans) inside of the eggs


Did I mention how hard it was for me to find this egg? It was hidden in the outer edges of the hay bale.


Oh.....and we also had my niece Lanae's birthday party-happy birthday Lanae! Can't forget the baby bump picture of me and cousin Suzanne. Suzanne is due in June and I am due in August. (pictures courtesy of Kristi Ison)

5 comments:

mommymoose_6 said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun :D I really wish we could have been there... maybe next year.

Cherry Blossoms said...

You are so adorable with your little bump!! Love it!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

You look so cute!! Happy late Easter to you guys and good choices on the movies Skylee is obsessed with both those movies and LOVE the name Easton :) Miss ya!

The Smiths said...

Easton is a cute name. It's nice to see pictures of you! Sounds like a great Easter. Those big Easter eggs are ridiculous (in a good way)!

Kristi said...

Holy Cow those are some huge eggs! Glad you had a fun & spiritual Easter!