Friday, March 4, 2011

February 2011

This past month has been filled with all kinds of fun things and new adventures!

Adventure #1:
While I was sleeping, I received a call around 10p.m. Wednesday a few weeks ago. It was David, calling me and telling me that he thought he had broken his arm. It was extremely swollen (like an orange sitting on top of his wrist) and he couldn't move it. He had decided to go play basketball with his cousins and some singles ward members. While trying to get a re-bound high in the air, some guy knocked his legs out from under him. This caused David to spin and fall down head first. Thanks be to the heavens he was able to turn his body somewhat so that he crushed his arm and hurt his ribs rather than landing on his head. I'll take the broken arm over a broken neck/paralyzation any day. Here's a more recent photo of my adorable husband-he gets his cast off in about 4 weeks.
Adventure #2:
Last Friday, we went to get my first ultrasound. I guess part of me thought all I would see was a blob (since that is what I saw at 8 weeks). I was floored and I am pretty sure David was too-to see an actual baby! Unfortunately grandpa bunzell has our ultrasound disc with all our pictures, so I can't post anything now. We decided to reveal the gender to our families Sunday night-and boy was it fun making everyone, friends and family, wait just a little longer to see what we were having. I found this idea on the internet and thought it would be fun----

Each person in our family got a piece of chocolate that looked like the above picture. If the chocolate candy bar was plain, it was a girl. If the chocolate candy bar underneath had nuts in it....it was a boy. Guess what? The chocolate had almonds in it! We are so excited to have a little boy in our home once August rolls around!

Adventure #3
Hobby Lobby has some pretty adorable Spring decorations-just what I needed to finish my spare bathroom! David painted the shelf white, we threw the decorations on it, and wah-lah! The spare bathroom is now fully decorated-it's pretty cute if I say so myself :) (Yes, I still need to find a picture/cute saying in the frame)

3 comments:

Scott+Tiffany said...

What a cute idea! So excited to have baby boys together!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Congratulations you guys I'm SO excited for you. Boys are awesome!

Kristi said...

Way cool! A Baby Boy!! I'm so excited for you and David. Bummer about his arm, but at least the cast will be off before the baby is born!