Thursday, May 6, 2010

Funerals and Family

This past week has definitely been a whirlwind and I feel as though I can't keep my feet on the ground! To start, two Saturdays ago, my grandma Johnson passed away. She had been in pain for the last several months due to a fall she had back in December. She just couldn't get better. It's been really hard to grasp the concept of her being gone when the last time I had seen her back in December.....she was perfect spry, walking, healthy and had normal cognition. But she is in a better place and after 25 years of being alone, she can finally be united with her sweetheart. We will miss you grandma! How grateful we are that families can be together forever!

On the same day, three of my aunts from Washington, Oregon, and Montana and an uncle from Utah came down to celebrate my Grandma Munro's (mom's mom) 80th birthday. The three days they were here were filled with uncontrollable laughter and late nights. We as a family went to Rockin' R Ranch Saturday night. The atmosphere and gold panning were so fun (David found the jackpot gold rock!), but the dinner and entertainment were very weak and disappointing. My husband said that things were SO much better years ago there. Here are some fun pictures we took though.

My mom with her sisters, brother, and Aunt

He proposed!!!! At a little church even!

Could be niece be any cuter!?!

And this week of course, schools are getting our for the summer and next week I begin summer school again! But these are the last two classes I will ever take and boy does it feel good! (Doing the happy Dance!)

1 comment:

Jackalopes Archery LLC said...

Sure am glad you said, "YES"...