Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oh What do you Do in the Summertime....

Homework, Homework, did I say homework? I decided I was tired of looking at my grandma's funeral pictures when I opened up my blog. Needed more cheery photos.


This summer has been extremely busy, full of excitement, and full of fear as well as sleepless nights/sick stomachs. This whole month of June is supposed to be my last month of summer school courses and Adult therapy clinic at ASU----before I was supposed to graduate FOR GOOD the first week of July. After two weeks (and only being in the clinic for two days), my supervisors did a midterm assessment and basically failed me in every area. I ended up having to write up a contract showing how I would improve myself in all of these areas within the following two weeks. I was so sick, didn't want to eat. I had two full years of excellent grades/reviews in the schools, and I couldn't believe that two weeks before I was to graduate, my professors were threatening to not let me graduate. Mind you I already have a job lined up to be a Speech Language Pathologist. The only other second year in clinic also got the same failing midterm. After much talking with fellow students and my sweet husband, I decided I was going to push forward , 300miles per hour and really prove to these supervisors that I am competent and ready to graduate-my last two weeks of therapy have been wonderful. Next week is judgement day as it's our last week of clinic----PLEASE keep me in your prayers!

On a more positive note, last week we got to see our adorable 3-year old niece perform in her first dance recital. She did so well! I haven't been to a dance recital for a long long time so it was really fun to see all the dancers come out and perform. I realized that if I were ever going to put my daughters in dance, that I would definitely put them in ballet. They were the most organized groups and I loved the music! They took songs like "we will rock you" and turned them classical with electric violins playing the songs. Loved it! Here are some pictures from the evening....
The Star of the Show with her trophy

1 comment:

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, I cannot believe your professor did that. Holy stress ! We will remember you in our prayers. Good luck next week : )

Your Niece is BEAUTIFUL ! I agree with Ballet. It's much more feminine. And Ballerina's always have such long, gorgeous figures.