Thursday, May 6, 2010

We have finally moved into our house and are experiencing the joys and sorrow of being homeowners, especially for the first time :) The day after we moved in, my husband went to turn the water valve off so that we could fix the kitchen sink (we were told we shouldn't use it until we got it fixed), and the valve broke off. 24 hours later with no running water and 6 trips to Lowe's for wrong parts, we had a new kitchen faucet and running water. David sprayed our weed infested yard twice with bug spray and now almost two weeks later, the weeds are shriveling up. David spent the last few days painting our computer room, and after he finished, he told me to do the baseboards. I was home alone and went in the room to search for tape when all of a sudden a scorpion (mind you i've NEVER lived in a place with scorpions before and have aweful nightmares when i see bugs of any kind), started crawling across the bedroom floor. I freaked out, found the nearest smashing tool (in this case it was a hammer) bent down over the thing and whacked it. The body disappeared for a while and it was only with a blacklight later that I found the dead body under a ball of tape in the room. Don't know where the thing came from and I am praying we don't see anymore for a long long time.

I am wrapping up my second to last semester and am walking for graduation next Friday! I will finish my masters degree in speech therapy at the end of June.

5 comments:

McElprangs said...

Yay for the joys of homeowndership:) And congrats on your masters! That is so awesome!

Kate said...

Yay for your new home!!!

Sessions Family said...

I have never lived in a place with scorpions either. Disgusting things, bleck. I thinks because our house was empty for so long and other bugs such as, crickets, ants, and yes even roaches accumulated, in crooks and crannies. That brought the scorpions in, so they say if you kill all those bugs, that will hopefully take care of those pesking creatures. I've been stung once and that is not something I ever want to expierence again. Best of wishes for Friday!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I heard she hadn't been doing so well the past little while. Is everyone in the family okay? How are you doing? Man, I wish I could come for the funeral. She was an amazing woman! Let me know how everything goes and how everyone is. Love ya!

Kristi said...

congrats on your new home! It seems like there's always something that needs repair. Justin Connolly does a good job getting rid of scorpions - you could call him.