Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today, I am grateful

For many reasons.....
1. This morning as I was driving to work I stopped at an intersection a mile from my home. I saw a car flipped on its side and another car behind it the was right side up but severely crunched. As I fully came to a stop, I saw the right side up car's driver run out of his vehicle to see if the overturned car's passengers were fine. I also saw a bystander sprint to see if he could help while his wife called 911. It was then that I realized I literally missed this accident, and potentially being in it, by seconds. I was going to leave for work earlier to make up some time but thank my guardian angels for causing things to delay me leaving.

2. I had an interview with the Gilbert School District and they are really excited to have me work as a Speech Language Pathologist with them next year!

3. I realized on Sunday that my graduate plan of study had been sent back to me for revision and if i did not amend it and get a bunch of signatures by tomorrow evening, I would have to pay an extra 35$ on top of the regular 50$ to graduate. I was to the point where with all the work I would have to do, that I didn't care to walk at ASU's masters graduation ceremony. I figured the only people that came to my bachelors graduation was my immediate family and they could see me in my gown and robes any ol' day :). The one reason I want to walk is because all of my friends in my program are.....not to mention I have worked my butt off to get this degree, its hasn't been easy, and have received so much grief from professors (thats another story). Anyways, I realize it was my fault and should have checked to see if it was approved months ago. I am thankful for angels getting these papers signed and approved as of noon today, and for people who are willing to help me in a crunch.

4. I am grateful that we got an extension approved on our house so that we could close at a later date when our loan goes through (and hopefully before we have to be out of our apartment).

5. A small bit of thankfulness (if i can say so)...LOST is on tonight, and it is my obsession

My list could go on. I have been so downtrodden with how much "work" I have to do and it never decreases. I am so grateful for the days that the Lord helps me realize that with all the trials going on, there are rays of sunshine that poke through and that I am really blessed all the time.

2 comments:

Sessions Family said...

You are such a trooper! I sure miss you guys, and I'm so thankful you weren't in that accident. :)

The Smiths said...

Scary about the accident but I'm glad you missed it. And congrats with having a job next year. That's a big relief from stress that you will have income, especially when you're getting a house! I'm so excited for you guys to move in.