Sunday, March 7, 2010

These last few weeks, and this one especially have been filled with sleepless worrisome nights. This week alone I have had 3 midterm exams from yesterday until tomorrow (saturday through monday). The first exam took me roughly 9 hours to complete, the second about an hour and a half and who knows what tomorrow holds. I knew getting into this semester would be by far my most difficult one as I'm taking three graduate courses, working 3 jobs totalling 42ish hours a week and trying to buy a home. Little I know just how hard it would be. My grades have not been the best and I feel like this is because there is SO much going on that I can't be the best at any one thing.

Last week we got the inspection completed on a home that we had looked at (offer was accepted) and the inspection came out really really good. We would be getting a killer of a deal on the house but the stresses come with me not having a job over the summer (as I work for the schools) and thus no income, draining most of our savings to pay for the costs of buying a home, and not knowing what the next school year will hold financially. This house is in a great location close to both of our families its just that the bills will be rising..stress, stress, stress :) I think that has become my most used word!

I have my HUGE exam called the PRAXIS that I am taking this upcoming Saturday and this is the mega test that determines (along with me passing my last few classes) whether or not I will get my masters degree. So for any and all out there, i could use several prayers on my behalf and lots of miracles. This week I also have an interview with the lead speech pathologist in my gilbert school district to try to apply for a job as a speech therapist in the district...right now i am only an assistant. Now normally most districts would have tons of job openings but in light of all the budget cuts, we have only a few positions open and again i need prayers that I will get one of these positions.

The one big relief is that Spring Break is next week and I will have a full week off of work and school. We're trying to hold onto our hats as the wind is blowing at full force these days!

3 comments:

Sessions Family said...

Wow what a crazy month right? Well you'll definately be in my prayers. I know you're stressed, but I this house sounds right for you and Heavenly Father is looking out for ya :). It will come together don't worry. With all the stuff that we had to deal with looking for a house putting offers in and such, it was worth the wait. We love our house and yes it is stressful with the higher utilities, but I have found that as long as we are doing whats right, everything works out in the end. :) You'll be able to get the tax credit and that can help out. Granted it does take awhile to get to you, but you will get it. Let me know if there is anything you need at all. I have a car now... anytime.

Jackalopes Archery LLC said...

Whatever happens...just make sure you pay your Tithing first...you'll be amazed at how you will be blessed and things will work out.
I added your name to the Temple prayer roll...as well as David...

"All these things will give you experience and be for your good"

I'm so very proud of the both of you...don't be afraid to ask for help either...

Dad B

Kristi said...

That does sound stressful! I will certainly pray for you. What a crazy test that takes 9 hours! I don't think I've taken a test that long. Soon it will be over. I hope you have a relaxing spring break.