Monday, June 1, 2009

DISNEYLAND!

Not this past weekend, but the one before (Memorial Weekend), David and I had the chance to escape the heat and head to Anaheim, AKA Disneyland town! I don't know what it was but the curvy freeways on the CA-60 nearly drove me nuts. I can't stand so many sharp curves, on a very bumpy freeway with cars going so fast!

The first night we got there, we shopped a little in Downtown Disney, although I was not very impressed with the shops I saw. We ended up buying some peanut brittle, taking pictures and then heading back to the hotel to catch up with my brothers crew. Dinner was at Applebees.
Sunday we headed out to the LA temple and got some really beautiful shots there. Chris drove us down Sunset Blvd and I got to see the Hollywood sign, the stars walk of fame and some other really cool places. Now I can die happy :)

We then went to Hungtington Beach and for the first long while I was very hesitant to go in and Boogie Board with the others because of the coldness of the water (I am a chicken when it comes to the cold). After sitting in the water with Kiara as she was terrified to go in too, I got the nerve to go in and had the BEST time! I even caught a few really good waves. Chris and David dug for Sand Crabs and we found some really giant ones. As we were leaving, a group of dolphins decided to jump around by some of the surfers. It was pretty amazing to see dolphins up close in the ocean.

Monday we went to Disneyland and enjoyed getting to use several fast passes. I had forgotten how ridiculously expensive the food was at disneyland with everything being around 10$ a plate for a decent meal (something other than churros and ice cream). My thoughts were that I'd rather fork out the money and get something that would make our bodies feel good, rather than pay 3$ and feel like crap the whole day. The fireworks show was absolutely amazing-thats what really made Disneyland feel magic. For those that haven't been in awhile, they play sound clips from various disney movies and rides paired with perfectly timed fireworks and jolts of fire around the castle.

And now I am back to the real world...working with adult stroke clients at ASU and losing sleep over the stress of how to do therapy with these people. Have to understand their disorders and I don't, at least to the degree I need to!
Anyways, here are some pictures from our trip, enjoy!













Chris pretending to eat one of the sand crabs


Yes, we like kissing!



3 comments:

Julia said...

Looks like a fun trip!

April Hardy said...

Sounds and looks like a lot of fun! I love Disneyland, as much as I love the fireworks I must admit Fantasmic always makes me teary eyed...so I have started skipping the fireworks to make sure I have a good spot for Fantasmic. And Yes! The food is ridiculously expensive. Last time we went we brought food. :)

Unknown said...

I Love all the pics! so glad you guys had fun :) wish we could've made you vacation with us, they don't let pregnant people have real fun at disneyland :(