Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day Weekend, David and I spent lots of time helping my parents move furniture from the walls and paint their bathroom and kitchen. The kitchen we painted a light sage green on one wall and then my mom wanted a light purple for her bathroom. All in all, everything turned out beautifully. Our muscles were sore and we were tired from stretching for so long but I decided that the pain is well worth it if I can tone my belly and bootie!

On top of painting, I decided that I was too "gold". For those of you who have taken the "True Colors" test you will understand that a person who is gold is very VERY time organized and really hopes that others around him/her are as well. They expect others to follow rules and they try to make their homes "homemaker-ish"...nurturing and teaching their children good values. Also, they really want to have a little orange (adventurous and spontaneous) but they don't know how to. So using all the strength I could muster, I decided that I wanted to go hiking. David, Sharilyn, and myself hiked a moderate-easy hike at South Mountain on Monday and you can see that by the end of our journey, we were ready for a hearty energizing meal! :)
1: Preparing for the battle(are we going to cruise like the girl behind us? Hmm maybe not)
#2: Don't look too much at my scary morning face, the make-ups not on yet :)

#3: I've decided that Sharilyn is just too dang cute! And so is David, of course ;)

#4: Pioneer Children sang as they walked......and walked....and walked....and walked...


#5: After the hike pose: Can you tell we're tired?? (Ok, so maybe we over-dramatized just a little)

7 comments:

MissKris said...

South Mountain is the best place to hike! There are so many good trails. Where did you guys start from? When it gets cooler we go once a week.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try hiking again this winter. You guys look very tired. Why is it as soon as we exercise and burn some calories we immediately want to go eat a hearty meal? Maybe some creme brulee?

Kami Milliron said...

If I didn't feel like crud all the time, I would totally be like that Lady behind you ! It looks like you had fun, way to go doing something outdoors !

Unknown said...

I wish I hadn't been sick and we could've gone with you! oh well invite us next time :)

Tay said...

thanks for the comment - it's nice to hear it from somebody other than brian sometimes! :)

Unknown said...

All Right Lynette we need another post, even if its just to tell us you're so busy you can't post :D

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Your tagged with "I love your blog award"- check my blog for more info