Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

This year, Easton and I courageously braved 4-yes FOUR trunk or treats.  My mother-in-law invited us to her trunk or treat the Saturday before Halloween.  I invited my mom and brother out as well.  My little brother wanted to get candy and no candy was being passed out so after eating and visitng with my in-lawes, we hopped in our cars and went to my wards' trunk or treat.  As usual, the people in my ward decked out their cars with lights and all sorts of amazing decorations.  Two days later, my mom invited me and Easton to her stakes' trunk or treat where we ate chili again (for the third time) and gained more candy while trunk or treating.  By the time Halloween hit on Wednesday I decided I couldn't handle one more bowl of Chili.  So right after work, I donned my witches hat and Halloween colored clothes and headed to Chipotle where I bought TWO chipotle burritos for 4 dollars total (normally each burrito is 6$ a piece but if you wore a costume that evening, Chipotle gave you a nice discount).  After Chipotle, Easton and I went to my brother's ward's trunk or treat which was really fun.  They had lots of games boothes, popcorn, cotton candy, a small petting zoo, and an area filled with snakes and all kind of bugs that a man in his ward collected.  It was pretty fascinating to see some critters that I had never heard of!  After the trunk or treat, my family went to several houses and did some trick or treating with the little ones.  Easton scored his mom and dad a decent amount of candy which we will gladly enjoy over the next several weeks.
 
Me dressed as a witch with Easton the "jack o lantern"
 My brother and his family
 At the petting zoo, checking out the chickens
 Seeing Easton's cousins pet the snake
 All the grandkids with their uncle Kyle (my brother)
 Trick or Treating in the neighborhood
 Cousin love:   Easton reached over the give his cousin Dallin a hug.  After awhile, Easton still wouldn't let go and it made Dallin a little upset.

No comments: