Monday, September 14, 2009

Some random thoughts:

1. This week has gone much better. I think that last week when I put up my post about friends, I honestly was having a difficult week. ALL week people, including my sweet hubby were just grouchy and stressed. I'm thankful for fresh starts!

2. We purchased tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera at Gammage (ASU) in November and are SO excited! We loved seeing Wicked and how amazing the music is.

3. I am thinking more and more about doing foster care once David and I start having our own children. At one of the places I work, I saw one of my kiddies sitting outside the school office. Mind you this little one is in first grade and it was close to thirty minutes after school had gotten out...he was waiting for his bus that never came. This little boy was just transferred to "his new family" this week, away from his little 3rd grade foster brother (who just got adopted a few days ago) who so tenderly made sure he was taken care of. Working in my field I have seen and heard of so many children going through the system who have just had HORRIBLE lives and they still survive and keep pushing forward. My heart goes out to these little ones and I want to badly to take care of them and let them know they are safe and loved.

4. My ward had their supersaturday this past weekend and I made some 12*12 wooden square with the word BE in the middle and the word prayerful, humble, grateful, etc. around the edges. If I weren't lazy i'd post a picture, but they tured out really good. I learned not to press down wet modge podge scrapbook paper and then pull your fingers up, it will tear the paper!

5. My mom and I ordered a basket from bountifulbaskets.org and we got 3/4 full of a laundry basket full of fresh fruit and veggies for only 15$. You should try it!

2 comments:

April Hardy said...

My sister and brother in law did bountiful baskets. It's so great knowing you are giving back to the community and are eating healthy and organic. Although they stopped after a couple of months because they were throwing veggie's away because they couldn't eat them quick enough. But regardless that's a steal! So much cheaper than the grocery store. And I am excited about you seeing Phantom. I told Drew I want to see Mary Poppins when it comes to Gammage!

Kristi said...

There are so many needy kids out there - that would be awesome if you did foster care. Sometimes I think about it, but the responsibility and logistics are a bit scary for me.

I've done bountiful baskets, too. It's great!