Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthdays

This month and last month have been FULL of birthdays...in the month of July was my brother, sisters, and father in laws. Tomorrow will be my oldest sister Stacey's birthday, the 19th is my moms birthday, and my birthday is the 27th!

For my Father in laws birthday, we went to organ stop pizza and celebrated. My littelest nieces were absolutely thrilled with the little kitten puppets that came out during the Alley Cat song, and were perplexed as to where they ran away to when the curtains went down :) Below are some pictures of the fun evening.

We have decided to hold off on looking for a house until december/january which will give us a little more time to save some money. We are just hoping and praying that the government extends the tax credit for first time homebuyers into the next year, or at least that interest rates stay down. If anyone has housing advice we'd be happy to hear it.


On another note, David started teaching primary today for the first time and it was so cute how hard he tried. I think he was pretty nervous as he seemed so serious the whole time. I tried to elaborate on what he was saying and get the kids excited with just my tone of voice. HOpefully they get David a co-teacher soon so that I can get back to relief society. I love the kids and they are so cute, but relief society is the only time I get to spend with the women and actually feel part of the ward as I teach sunday school to the 13-14 year olds.
Nieces and Nephew

Fawn, Aunt Jill, Uncle Loren

The birthday boy is in the center(gray/purple shirt)

The little girls dancing away to the organ's music

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Organ Stop pizza looks fun! That must be challenging to teach Sunday School to 13/14-yr-olds. Good luck to David at his new calling!

April Hardy said...

We are in same position as you as far as buying as house. (imagine two kids in a 2 bedroom apt...we outgrew the space before the 2nd kid even came along!) We also hope they extend the tax credit to next year, our lease is up in Oct. but in order to buy a home here in Chandler we need to save more money, and hopefully get a home the first of the year. Good luck to you guys!

Unknown said...

am I squinting or in horrible pain? that pic of me wth Jill and Loren... I look fantastic. It was really nice to see you sorry our dinner plans had fallen through we need to resched them. Oh and to add another two to your list Karens Bday is today! and the baby will come this month :D