Monday, December 22, 2008

Nutcracker

So as many of you know, David and I have been so excited to watch the Nutcracker, as we love seeing ballet's and play's. We just don't get to very often due to cost and time. We met up with two couples in our ward at Applebees for dinner and then David and I split off to go to the Nutcracker as the other two couples weren't able to get tickets. We had to park at a church by the Mesa Arts Center and there were only 4 cars in the lot so I was praying that no one would break into our car. (Shame on anyone if they ever did-especially in a CHURCH parking lot!) When we got inside, there were tables set out with decorations, toe shoes, nutcrackers etc for sale. Side note, the lady I babysit for has literally hundreds of decorations on her tree, each unique to things she loves or events that she's been to. So back to my story: I have decided that I want to start collecting ornaments of things that remind my husband and I of important events or memories that we have shared over the year. We happily purchased a little ballerina ornament and my husband said later that he also bought a nutcracker which he was going to suprise me for Christmas, but couldn't wait. Then we went in for the performance. The dance moves were amazing and so were the sparkles on the costumes (sparkles draw me to them like a magnet). I have realized more and more just how grateful I am that each of us comes to earth with specific talents, and that people are willing to share them so that we may all benefit from them! So thank you to all those hard working men and women dancers who have spent countless hours to bring happiness and joy at this Christmas season to all of us!
I was watching CNN this morning and they were showing clips from Georgia of a man who has been passing out food to hundreds of people who were waiting for hours just to get one bag of food! And I think of how many people I've heard complain about the presents they aren't going to get this year. I am SO grateful that I don't have to worry about my next meal, or a warm place to live. I may have a tiny one bedroom apartment, but we are doing ok-and we have enough. This will be my last post before Christmas, so I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and pray that each of us will remember the Savior's birth and all that he has blessed us with! I want to thank each of you for being such a blessing in me and my families life. You have each used your talents, your kindness, your love, and your friendship to bless our lives!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish we could have gone! Oh well We were exhausted Saturday, and Hailey wasn't feeling well. I can't wait to see you guys on christmas

Kristi said...

The Nutcracker sounds so wonderful! I'm glad you guys had a good time.