Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anniversary #1

This past weekend David and I got to take a little bit of time off of work (and by little bit, I mean half a day for me and two days for David). We decided that since we weren't going to be able to go on any major vacations this year due to the fact that I will be starting masters in the fall and david will be going to ASU as well (and little money with all the tuition expenses) that we would make our anniversary our "mini" vacation. We went to see Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian and then enjoyed dinner at the Olive Garden. As you can see, we are downing a Strawberry Daquiri (non-alcoholic, thank you :) ).

David ran out of hair gel and forgot to tell me, so we're stickin with the messy hair!





We then headed out to the Buttes Marriott hotel which is right in the middle of the city of Tempe, yet, when you turn down the road that leads to the hotel, immediately you are immersed in a desert scene that appears to be miles away from the closest city. It was around 7:30 when we finally got there, just in time for the sun to start going down. We lugged everything to our hotel room and then climbed the small Buttes (mountain) and enjoyed a view of the city.

David and I decided to test out the swimming pools which were beautifully layed out on one of the mountains. Unfortunately the water slide wasn't up and running both at night and in the morning when we went swimming again. The pool had a glass wall on the side of it so we were able to get some fun pictures. I realize that everything we did was still in the heat of tempe arizona, but for us it was a nice little get away.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Paul and I never make a huge(gift giving) deal out of annivesaries. We just make it a point to spend a little time alone together, even if its just a date night, and tell each other how much we love and apprieciate them. It looks like you guys had a LOT of fun with out a ton of work!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I had no idea what your new last name was so I was so confused at first. It was fun to see you and Dave--I couldn't even remember what he looked like.

Good luck with your master's. What will you be studying?

Jessica said...

I can't believe I forgot you were doing speech pathology. That is so wonderful! You couldn't have picked anything better. I will warn you that the first semester/year will be really difficult but it's all worth it in the end. Good luck and call me anytime!