Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was slightly different than those in the past-to me, less magical. I am not sure what the difference was-whether its just me growing up or lacky of "Christmasy" service projects. This year we didn't make goodies, leave them on doorsteps and run. And we didn't do any Christmas Angels. Next year I am going to make it a goal to do more service and see if that heightens my Christmas spirit. David and I were spoiled with several wonderful gift. Some included a real bow with arrows, a new headboard/footboard, a lawn mower (thanks mom!), and tickets to Les Miserables (Thanks mom and dad Bunzell!). David and I gave our niece Kiara and nephew Dallin the "pout pout fish" book. A guy in our ward made a song to go with the book and Kiara always asks me to play the song for her-now she has a book to remember it by!




Here are some pictures from the day:


David graduated December 17th with his bachelors degree-great job honey! To celebrate, I got him an ASU shirt (no one can graduate from ASU and not ever have an ASU shirt, right?)





That's right, Stacey has all four Glee CD's!


This weekend we also celebrated my niece Aria's 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday Aria!



(Thanks for the pictures Kristi!) Aria was pretending to blow out her candles. The windy was too strong that no matter how many times her mom attempted to light the candles, they immediately blew out!





The birthday crowd

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Those are some pretty cool Christmas gifts! We've been married for 14 years and still have not got a headboard and footboard. I bet David is loving the bow.

It was fun seeing you at the party. You're welcome for the pictures. :-)

Debbie Diesen said...

I ran across this blog entry and your adorable photo of your niece with Mr. Fish (a.k.a. The Pout-Pout Fish). I'm so glad she enjoys reading and singing the story! Happy Reading to you all.

Best Fishes,
Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)