Monday, November 22, 2010

Bones and Children

I posted something on facebook a week and a half ago about the bones in our backyard. For those who have no clue, here's the story. David came in from the backyard on Veteran's Day and asked me if I had killed anyone recently. I said "no, not recently" (jokingly) "why"? He said he was out in the yard and kicked what he thought was a "rock" and for some reason decided to look at it. It turned out it was a bone! So he started looking around, and in the middle of our yard found another bone, this one looking like a leg bone. I went outside and together we uncovered several bones that totally looked like rocks (due to decay) scattered all over various parts of our yard. Still not sure what kind of bones they are and how they got there. Here are some pictures of most, not all, of the bones.





Veteran's Day weekend, David and I had the pleasure of watching two of our many cute nieces and nephews. I have never watched children over night, other than my own siblings, so there are many things David and I learned.
1. At the end of a long day, it's going to be dad (David) who fixes us dinner. David was so sweet and fixed me and Hailey and Dylan Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhiches with Bananas for dinner. I was so tired I could hardly see straight.

2. Campfires are only cool to little kids for 5 minutes.


3. After having children, we will never get sleep again. The kids must have woken up ten times during the night (understandably as they were in an unfamiliar setting), so by the time Sunday rolled around, we felt like zombies.


4. Reading stories around naptime will make the little ones fall right to sleep


Can you tell how tired we all were around 12:30?


Here are some pictures of the munchkins. Hailey was so good about helping me make lunch on Sunday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you had enough fun to outweigh the sleep deprivation. thanks again for the weekend :D

Meg said...

So true- all of those things are so true. You will never sleep again, but you will get used to it. :) It's so worth it when they're yours though!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Yep you are right about the no sleep ever again ;) Good job though it's good to get practice :)

Anonymous said...

AW! Hailey and Dylan are so cute! Having kids is exhausting! ha

Crystal said...

Yes, having children will definitely change your life. However, I find that I am far more tired after babysitting other kids. You figure out routines and systems with your own. But sleeping at night... I'm afraid my little Jade still wakes up at least once a night. How nice of you guys to watch these two cuties.

Kristi said...

How nice of you to let Fawn have a night away! Lucky you! It's true you get used to waking up during the night after awhile. But you'll have plenty of zombie days when you have kids of your own. Peanut butter for dinner - funny!