Monday, October 4, 2010

When life throws ya lemons...

This weekend was quite the letdown for both David and I. You see for all the year since we've been married and some before, David has wanted to become a Physician's Assistant. So he applied to the only Arizona schools that offered such a program. On Sunday, I collected the mail and ran in the house excitedly screaming to David that a letter from A.T. Still had arrived. We read the letter and our hearts sank as we read that he did not get an interview. It's just crazy how many people are applying for PA school this year. David finds a new classmate who is applying just about everyweek.So after 4 years of college....what next. He will try to find a job doing something in the medical field (entry level) and try to build up some experience and then re-apply. And next time, he will apply out of state.

You must understand that I truly truly despise change. I don't want to be away from my family. I don't want to have to rely on the faith that I would get a job in another state (having to go through trying to get another Speech Therapist license) or try to find a babysitter that I could trust once we start having kids. I-Am-Worried. And then there is my house....my amazing house that David and I worked so long to get. It would have to be sold or rented out.


It's funny that just when you feel life is going great and smooth, a lemon gets thrown at you. And it doesn't feel great. So we've decided to take those lemons and throw them back at life. We are going to move forward and trust that as this one door has closed, others will open to bigger and better things.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm sorry...change stinks :(

But I know that big things in life like this happen for a reason and some how we always end up on the path we are meant to be on.

Keep your chin up :)

Kevin said...

That stinks. the only advice I can offer is to read a few chapters of "Who Moved My Cheese" and then put the thin copy in the garbage disposal. Not saying you'll learn anything useful, but it'll give you a safe outlet to vent your frustration:D

On another note, I didn't know you were a speech therapist, that's awesome! I could probably learn a lot from you to better help my English students.