Monday, September 13, 2010

Dreams

Dream #1: Now that I have a house, I have been dreaming up with numerous ideas as to how I want to decorate it. My next task is painting my living room and kitchen...but this is no easy task because colors must coordinate. I thought about painting my living room a soft bamboo yellow and the hallway a cherry red. But you can see my kitchen from the living room so the kitchen color must coordinate with the other colors. I love sage green or red (for the kitchen) but do not want christmas colors. I am a little frustrated and not sure what colors to do anymore-so for now, I am simply not doing anything. Any ideas would be welcome :) If I had a bigger kitchen, my decorating would look something like this:


Dream #2: You must know that since I have married my husband, I have done crazy wierd things in my sleep. I know it all started after I got married because I shared a bedrooms with 1-3 of my sisters my entire life and they never once said I did/said anything strange in my sleep. David says I often sit up really quick in bed and point to something at the ceiling and say "look"--and this really freaks him out because he things I see someone/something in the room. He has also said that I have gotten up, walked to the couch (while he follows me to see what i do), sat down for a second, gotten back up and headed straight back to bed.

So this morning, my husband says "Do you know what you did last night" and I said "no". (David has learned that he should try to converse with me to see if I say anything good or if I will respond to him). This is what he said our conversation was in the middle of the night, while I am dead asleep.

Me: (sitting up really fast) "Honey, what are we doing? We can't get all the objects"

David: "Ok, we'll only get the good ones"

Me: (lays down on David's chest) "Which ones?"

David: (Playing along) "We'll get the triangles and the squares and the circles..."

Me: (Falls asleep without another word)

**sigh**what I would give to actually see what I do, because I never remember saying or doing these things. I never even remember when I've gotten up or walked around-this part scares me.


9 comments:

April Hardy said...

Time to invest in a video camera and record some of this silly action. :) Maybe your sisters were able to sleep through it. Sounds very entertaining.

Tara said...

haha, thats too funny! Chris told me I speak German in my sleep! :)

Unknown said...

I think maybe its david since ryan used to do things in his sleep too ;) and I don't think it sound like christmas as long as the red and green aren't crayon colors. Plus they're slightly divied by the living room.

Telsha Winger & fam said...

haha It must be a Johnson thing i do the same things excpet sometime I wake up in the middle of what I call hallucinations and it is the weirdest thing to come to and realize the reality I thought was happening isn't really reality. it is trippy! I've always talked and walked in my sleep though... Actually I think I do it less since I've been married.

Scott+Tiffany said...

hahaha i love it! can't wait to see what you decide with your house

Anonymous said...

agree with Fawn: not Christmas, especially if they are not crayola versions, plus you are breaking it up with yellow in there, right?

Anonymous said...

Me and Rhys do the same thing! Some nights I sit up and talk and sometimes it's him! It's so weird but it's pretty entertaining :)

As for decorating you should find like 2-3 paintings that go well together and just use the colors in the paining to decorate your room :)

Unknown said...

really like the pick a painting first idea way easier to match paint colors after getting decorating pieces or curtain or whatever else you pick out.

Kevin said...

Doers of random stuff in their sleep, UNITE!!