Sunday, July 19, 2009

David and I enjoyed watching the play Wicked at Gammage a week and a half ago. The music and the acting were phenomenal. The play is a spin off of the Wizard of Oz, going back before the movies time to describe what happened to the witches Glenda and Elphaba (the green witch). Glenda is a total blonde in every way and Elphaba is shunned because she's green and a witch and was born to non-witch parents. Apparently her mother had a fling with the Wizard of Oz, and thus Elphaba was created. Anyways, the play made me truly sympathize with Elphaba who really was a great witch and tried hard to use magic for the good, but when she would not do as the Wizard asked, he turned all of Emerald City against her and told them she was "wicked".....



This past friday we also went to Hale Theater in Gilbert to watch Beauty and the Beast. Compared to Wicked it wasn't that great at all....the performers had great voices but the acting was very poor and the actual instrument music was pre-recorded. We were a little disappointed...then again we saw Wicked first and nothing compares to that.



My sweet sister in law Fawn also bought me one of her stakes cook books and suprised me with that. I absolutely love cooking and now I have a book full of recipes women have actually tried out before. Thank you Thank you Fawn!

Saturday morning I got to go out to Ihop with some band friends from high school and it felt SO good to see them and get caught since none of us have really been out together since High School. One friend, Krystal Dickensen is moving to Las Vegas and so this was like her farewell breakfast.


I am about to start another 46 hour work week with working as a secretary, childrcare worker, and babysitting......Sometimes I wonder what the heck I am doing and then I say to myself, its just for another year and a half, and i'm doing this for my family...so we can get through school and get a house and start our family. I must be crazy tho..... :)

5 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

I really want to see Wicked! Glad you liked it. I know all of the music, just haven't had the chance to see it. I'm back in town now, though and would love to meet up when you are available!

Kate said...

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I love wicked. I've done quite a bit of play watching, and I have to say it's my number one favorite. I saw it at gamage 3 years ago when it first came and it was spectacular. I'm so glad you and David went to see it!

switchflare said...

Work hard today for a better tomorrow...that's been my philosophy for the past 10 years or so and it's worked out pretty well so far. I did the 80-90 hrs/week thing for a few years and it wasn't much fun at the time, but looking back...I'm grateful I did. Our family life after kids arrived is much better because of it. Bottom line: hard work pays off in the long run.

Kristi said...

Wicked sounds so awesome! I've heard lots of good things about it. What a treat! You're a busy gal, but I'm sure it will all be worth it!

Unknown said...

Oh Nettie we all knew you were crazy when you agreed to maryy into our family ;) glad you like the book! Can't wait to see you guys