Friday, May 8, 2009

Over the last two years, I have really learned a lot about myself, good and bad. My habits have not changed, they are just more well defined as I am on my own away from my parents and siblings. David constantly shows support and love for me and catches me when I fall. Rarely does he see the bad things that I do (or tells me :)) and if he ever does verbally tell me my mistake, its in such a loving way. He cleans and cleans and cleans (what husband does that without being begged???) and the more he cleans, the more lazy I feel I've become, or the more I just let him because I have so much on my plate that cleaning is the last thing I can make myself do.


I feel like I have been too quick to judge, too slow to serve, and I have failed to keep up on those things which should be the most important in my life. A temple worker once told the guys in my sealing room that they couldn't return to our Heavenly Father without the women and that they needed to make sure we got back together....I keep telling David and have realized that I absolutely wouldn't make it back without him, I fall so short and I need him to keep me where I should be.


So to David, thank you for standing by my side, and loving me no matter what. Thank you for seeing the best in me and giving me wings to fly. Thank you for encouraging me to finish my masters program even when I get too tired and sad that I am putting off a family for this. Thank you for working so hard every day even when your not in the career that you want to be, and when its hard for you.


We took this picture when I graduated about a year ago, and its funny how similar the picture is of Christ in the garden of Gethsamane right before he was going to die. David reminds me how to be Christ-like and I am so grateful for that reminder. I love you!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Aw, that's really sweet. David's so fantastic.

April Hardy said...

You are so lucky you found him! You better hang on to him! :)

Unknown said...

Awe you are so awesome! I know David feels just as lucky to have you! As for the cleaning, you are going to have PLENTY of years to come to overcompensate for your cleaning less than him now. try and enjoy a little while you can.

Kristi said...

Ditto what Kate said. We all have feelings of inadequacy and doubt sometimes. How wonderful to have such a supportive husband.